Sunday, September 14, 2008

A Slow Week


As time progresses and I grow more comfortable in both my position as a VISTA and as a resident of Cleveland my weeks become more and more "normal". This week certainly qualified as "normal". Of course "normal" doesn't preclude learning. I had an opportunity to attend a conference in Tunica, MS on Monday. Most of my learning from Tunica centered around the piecing together of an effective board and networking. Beyond that -- it was business as usual. I was scheduled to attend a two-day conference in Jackson, MS however Ike postponed that meeting. On Saturday I served as a "Friend of the Farmers' Market" here in Cleveland. The farmers' market is an important element of my work and should be considered work however I frequently find myself looking forward to market days for both the insight and the comaraderie. I've included some pics from the Cleveland Farmers' Market.

No comments: