Wednesday, February 25, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like.....


I haven't quite acclimated myself to the winters in Mississippi yet. My mind is still in Minnesota. At five o'clock I hit the front doors of the office bearing down with the expectation of frosty winds and biting cold. Instead I hit a wall of warmth. Mississippi, apparently, is usually cool, wet, and gray during the winter months. The gray I'm used to. The other stuff -- not so much. The rains in the Delta are heavy. The heaviness exists not so much in the actual amount of precipitation, but rather the feeling it emotes and its 'stay-ed-ness'. The gray clouds just sort of hang. Low. And stay. The temps also seem to fluctuate wildly daily. One day it is 70 degrees the next it is forty. One day I was teased for wearing a turtleneck and a sweater shawl in the morning and having to run my air conditioning later that evening. Above is a pic taken off of my balcony during an afternoon.

No comments: